Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How to Install Favicon on your Website

It started snowing yesterday morning at the crack of dawn! Not enough to shut the whole city down like we've all been hoping, but at least enough to sprinkle some pretty winter sceneries around town. It took almost 25 minutes to scrape the ice off the car this morning though, that part of winter somehow always skips my memories. :)

Anyway, time to share some fun (and easy) coding!

I had to add a favicon to a client's site last night (very late last night). After much Googling and various failed coding attempts (as many as there are favicon tips on the internet), I stumbled across "the one" tip that made it all ok! It's a must share because it's so sweet and simple:

Just add these 2 lines of code to the "head" section of your (X)HTML:

And the favicon should appear like magic once you test the page on a browser. My problem was that I only added either one or the other of the two in my previous attempts, and that somehow wasn't quite enough. But with both, my page finally works as it should. If you want the favicon to appear on each of your web page, repeat this coding on each page. Also make sure that you save the favicon image in your local root folder (the folder where your index.html page is in).

Read more on Favicon on photoshopuser.com. This was where I found zee magic wand!

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment